Stacey is a managing partner at Fisher Law LLC licenses in Missouri and Kansas. Stacey has a passion for family law and has exclusively practiced family law since graduating law school. Many would describe Stacey as empathetic to her clients while providing sound legal advice regarding complicated legal matters. With over a decade of family law experience, Stacey understands that each client is facing a different struggle during this challenging time and provides legal advice with a straight-forward, settlement-minded approach.
In addition to litigating divorce, child custody, and child support matters, Stacey assists clients in Premarital Agreements.
Stacey was born in Omaha, Nebraska and obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln (GBR!). Stacey moved to Kansas City to attend the University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Law. While in law school, Stacey clerked at a family law firm and found her passion in the unique and challenging issues family law presents.
Stacey enjoys being active in the legal community and participates in the various bar associations in the Kansas City metro area. Stacey has received numerous awards including the Missouri Lawyers Weekly Rising Star Women's Justice Award, the Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar, Rising Star by Super Lawyers, and Super Lawyers.
Stacey is married and has a daughter whom she hopes will grow up to be a country music star and indirectly allow her to retire early. Stacey's favorite season is football season and she strategically plans her fall weekends around the Cornhuskers, the LSU Tigers, and the Chiefs. She loves concerts, especially country music concerts, and traveling.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Prenuptial Agreements / Post-Nuptial Agreements
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: CALI Award Family Law, 2007
- Honors: URBAN LAWYER Staff Associate, 2005
- Honors: URBAN LAWYER Board Editorial Associate, 2006
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Bachelor of Science
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar, 2014, 2016
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers for 2015 and 2016
- Women's Justice Award Rising Star, 2017
- Association for Women Lawyers President's Award, 2017
- Super Lawyers 2081, 2019, 2020, 2021
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Association for Women Lawyers, Board Member, Golf Committee Vice Chair 2016
- Association for Women Lawyers, Board Member, Golf Committee Chair 2017
- Association for Women Lawyers, Board Member, Social Committee Chair 2018
- Association for Women Lawyers, Board Member, Judicial Committee Chair 2019
- Association for Women Lawyers, Board Member, Golf Committee Chair 2020-21
- Johnson County Inns of Court, Member, 2017 to Present
- Johnson County Bar Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Domestic Law Committee, Secretary, Vice Chair, or Co-Chair, 2014 to 2017
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Young Lawyer's Section, Membership/New Lawyers Vice Chair or Co-Chair, 2014 to 2017
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Family and the Law Section, Domestic Member At Large, 2018, 2019, 2020, President 2021