Matt joined Fisher Law in 2022 as a senior associate. A Kansas City native, he focuses exclusively on family law, and prides himself on using his experience in the courtroom to provide professional yet compassionate representation. Prior to joining Fisher Law, Matt worked both in private practice and as an attorney for a local domestic violence shelter, representing victims of abuse in order of protection, paternity, custody, and divorce cases. Matt is licensed to practice law in Missouri and Kansas.
After attending college at Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa, Matt earned his law degree from the University of Missouri, Kansas City in 2013. While in law school Matt interned for the Honorable Sarah Hays, magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, and the Honorable Kenneth R. Garrett III, Division 26, Jackson County Circuit Court. After graduation, Matt was a law clerk for the Honorable Jeffrey C. Keal, Division 28, Jackson County Circuit Court, where he assisted Judge Keal on various family law, civil, and criminal dockets.
Matt is actively involved with numerous legal organizations, including serving as an executive board member for the Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, vice president of the Jackson County Law Library, board of trustees member for Legal Aid of Western Missouri, and member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association and the Association of Women Lawyers. Matt is a proud uncle to three nephews and a niece, as well as an honorary uncle to many others, and can't thank his parents and sister enough for all they have done for him. In his free time he enjoys cheering on the Royals, Chiefs, and most importantly, THE Ohio State University. He also loves exploring the city with his best friends, grilling out, and could eat Chinese food for every meal of the day. Go Bucks!
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
Graceland University, Lamoni, Iowa
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Executive Board Member for the Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
- Vice President of the Jackson County Law Library
- Board of Trustees Member for Legal Aid of Western Missouri
- Member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Women Lawyers
- Hon. Sarah Hays, magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, Intern
- Hon. Kenneth R. Garrett III, Division 26, Jackson County Circuit Court, Intern
- Hon. Jeffrey C. Keal, Division 28, Jackson County Circuit Court, Law Clerk