- Managing Partner
Nicole is the founder and managing partner of Fisher Law LLC. Nicole focuses her practice exclusively in family law litigation. Nicole prides herself in providing her clients with skilled advocacy while being compassionate to the crisis at hand. Nicole is licensed to practice law in both Missouri and Kansas.
After attending undergrad at Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa, Nicole obtained her law degree from the University of Missouri, Kansas City. Immediately after graduating from law school, Nicole moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, where she worked for the Federal Public Defender. Missing the Midwest, Nicole moved backed to Kansas City where she clerked for the Honorable Marco Roldan in Independence, Missouri. Nicole opened her own practice in 2011.
Nicole is actively involved with various bar associations including an Executive Committee Member for the Association for Women Lawyers, Chair-Elect of the Missouri Bar Young Lawyers Section and a member of the American Bar Association, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Johnson County Bar Association, Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, and American Inns of Court. Additionally, Nicole is an active member and volunteer through the Junior League of Kansas City.
Many legal groups have recognized Attorney Nicole Fisher with awards. She was chosen in 2016 to receive the Missouri Lawyers Weekly Rising Star Women’s Justice Award, Rising Star list by Super Lawyers 2015, 2016, & to 2016, the Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016, 2016 Young Lawyer of The Year by the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, and 2015 Missouri Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Award. Nicole enjoys traveling the globe, local sports (GO ROYALS), live music, and is an avid animal lover.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law Litigation
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 2006
- Graceland University
- B.A. - 2003
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Business Administration
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2015 Missouri Lawyers Weekly Up and Coming Award
- 2016 Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Young Lawyer of the Year
- 2016 Missouri Lawyers Weekly Women’s Justice Award Rising Star
- Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2015, 2016 & 2017
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Member
- Association of Women Lawyers Executive Committee Board Member
- Missouri Bar Young Lawyers Section, Chair-Elect
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Johnson County Bar Association, Member
- Johnson County Family Law Inns of Court